Mini image of an American Flag An official website of the United States government.

Icon of a government buiding.

Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Icon of a lock box for secure website.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock (  ) or https:// means you've safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Text Size

A A A  
Overview Submitting Reports to the NPDB Reporting Medical Malpractice Payments Reporting Adverse Clinical Privileges Actions Reporting Adverse Professional Society Membership Actions Reporting State Licensure and Certification Actions Reporting Federal Licensure and Certification Actions Reporting Peer Review Organization Negative Actions or Findings Reporting Private Accreditation Organization Negative Actions or Findings Reporting Exclusions from Participation in Federal or State Health Care Programs Reporting Federal or State Health Care-Related Criminal Convictions Reporting Health Care-Related Civil Judgments Reporting Other Adjudicated Actions or Decisions

Q&A: Subjects of Reports

  1. How do I correct my address if it is wrong in a report?

    Only the entity that originally submitted the report can correct information provided in a report. The subject of a report should contact the entity identified in Section A of the report and request that it make the address correction. The subject of a report may update the NPDB's address of record for the subject's home or work addresses using the Report Response Service on the NPDB website. Future correspondence will be mailed to the subject of the report at the address specified; however, this does not change the subject of the report's address as reflected in the report that was submitted to the NPDB.

Do you have a question about the NPDB Guidebook that you'd like answered?